“Dennis Roberts’ . . . approach follows a conceptual straight line that finds the shortest distance to musical fluency.” — Award-winning jazz guitarist, Alex Goodman (Foreword)
“A clear and concise point of view that will be helpful to guitarists whether you’re just starting out or an experienced improviser.” — David Goodrich (Peter Mulvey, Chris Smither, Jeffrey Foucault, multi-instrumentalist, guitar instructor)
Improvisation is the art of composing in the moment with freedom of expression.
Do you feel like you’re learning non-stop and getting nowhere, trying to put all the vast theory and exercises together to make it work and sound great, but your jazz lines are still not coming together and you’re constantly overthinking everything when you really just want to play?
• The Master Arpeggio System for Jazz Improvisation (MAS4JI) teaches you just 10 master arpeggios and how to use them in 10 simple steps to help you generate endless jazz lines for massive gains with minimal effort.
• Learn how to improvise using triads and arpeggios, target tones and voice leading, quartal arpeggios, pentatonic scales, superimposition, chromaticism, side-slipping, tri-tone substitution and more without all the endless exercises and complex music theory using an innovative method that’s easy to learn and apply.
• Play with your intuition without paying the high costs of tuition; MAS4JI is designed to fast-track guitarists to playing and improvising sophisticated jazz lines as fast as possible using simplicity to generate complexity.
• So much time and effort can be invested in the intensive learning process with relatively little results. MAS4JI is the shortcut through the forest that you can take without wandering down the wrong path and getting lost.
• MAS4JI is versatile and can be easily applied to blues, rock, metal, progressive, fusion, and jam band playing styles to bring new dimensions of expression to your solos!
Remember, the music came first and all the analysis and theory came later to describe what’s happening. The Master Arpeggio System for Jazz Improvisation distills the intricate language of jazz lines into one you can speak comfortably so you can play now, think later.
Prepare to visualize your fretboard in a new way and let your fingers do the walking while the music does the talking!
Tablature (TAB) and notation. Audio available online.
Learn more through the icons below: